I had made this cake for my birthday but the recipe as written came with a cream cheese frosting! I liked it but Brian isn’t a fan of cream cheese frosting in general. But we both agreed that the actual cake part was freaking delicious! So I decided to make the cake again but this time find a chocolate buttercream frosting recipe!
Low Carb Cake With Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup butter softened, 2 sticks
- 1 cup powdered low carb sweetener or Sukrin Melis
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk adjust as needed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon stevia glycerite stevia or monk fruit powder can also be used
Cream butter with electric mixer.
Add powdered sweetener and cocoa powder, mix until combined.
Slowly add unsweetened milk while beating until incorporated.
Blend in vanilla and stevia until desired consistency is reached.
Original Frosting Recipe from Low Carb Yum