And I thought the first two days were hard..yikes. I love this program because it’s pushing me. It’s making me work harder than I have before and it will push me to new levels. I really can’t believe that this is only the first 3 days. By day 60 I’m going to be superwoman!
I’m going to order a pull up bar and a bench so I can use the program to its full extent. You don’t need a bench or a pull up bar, if you have a stability ball and a resistance band, you are fine. You just need light, medium, and heavy weights. I’m getting a full set for my birthday! I’m so excited! I never thought I’d see the day when I asked for WEIGHTS as my birthday present. Hell has frozen over. I asked for the Powerblock Elite Dumbells. I read a ton of reviews before making my decision.
This is going to be a whole new adventure for me. I also ordered energize and hydrate from the Beachbody performance line. Energize isn’t like other preworkouts that make you jittery. I tried a sample of it a few months ago and I really loved it. But honestly, I just really can’t imagine getting crazy results like these!
I’m going to finish this program! And I have my blog and my social media (and therefore all of you) to keep me accountable.
I did the “Iso Chisel” workout today where after each set, you hold the move for 10 seconds. Some of the moves I felt good about..until that dreaded hold. But you know what? Even though it was painful, I could feel that it was working my muscles in ways that I hadn’t before.
I joked that after that workout, I wanted to snuggle up with my teddy bear. It’s hard, but I know it will take me to a whole new level. I think even more than getting program results, I’m proving to myself that I can do something hard, something beyond what I thought possible.
For lunch I decided to have a smoked salmon and poached egg sandwich with lemon garlic sauce, right out of The Master’s Hammer and Chisel meal plan. It looked delicious and simple so I decided to give it a try!
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice, Divided Use
- 2 cloves Garlic, Finely Chopped
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard (gluten-free)
- 2 Tbsp low-fat (1%) Greek Yogurt
- 2 cups Hot Water
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 Sprouted Whole-Grain English Muffins, Cut In Half, Toasted (I used sprouted bread)
- 16 thin slices Smoked Salmon
- Fresh Baby Spinach, For Garnish
- Combine 3 tsp. lemon juice, garlic, mustard, and yogurt in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tsp. lemon juice; reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil.
- Place one egg into a small bowl. Hold bowl close to the water’s surface and slip the egg into the water, repeat with remaining eggs; cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until whites are completely set. Gently lift eggs out of water.
- Spread English muffin halves evenly with lemon garlic sauce; top evenly with spinach, salmon, and egg.
Container Equivalents: 1 red and 1 yellow container
So so good! I love feeling like I’m not deprived on this meal plan. I actually haven’t been able to finish all of the food so far!
Want to join my January 4th test group? Apply here.