Brian and I are in agreement, this enchilada chicken recipe is AMAZING!! SO SO good!! I love Mexican food and that is definitely something easy to miss while on the keto diet! But with this recipe you definitely won’t be missing the tortilla!
I chose to serve it over a Mexican style cauliflower rice…so basically I cooked the “rice” in butter, added hot sauce (make sure there are no added sugars), added salt, pepper, chili flakes, and a little bit of Mrs. Dash.
- 1 pound (about 2) chicken breasts
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup red enchilada sauce
- ¼ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- ¼ cup diced onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro to taste
- Split the chicken breasts, horizontally, into two even pieces. I had another small piece of chicken in this package, so there are some extra pieces here. Preheat your skillet over medium-high heat, and turn your oven on to 400°F.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Press into the almond flour and evenly coat both sides.
- Whisk the two eggs together, then dip the chicken into the egg and coat both sides.
- Lay the chicken down into the pan and brown on both sides. I do two at a time then place the finished pieces on a plate while I cook the next batch. Don’t worry about cooking the chicken through, just brown the coating.
- If some of the egg has gotten stuck on the pan you will want to deglaze it with some water and wipe it out. When all the pieces are browned, return the chicken to the skillet.
- Pour ¼ cup red enchilada sauce over the top of the chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle on the ¼ cup of diced onion, and ¼ cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
Original Recipe from Ruled.Me!