I WON the freaking wifey game with these!! These are so BOMB!! If you just need a snack, if you are going to a party, if you are watching a game, TRY these! These Keto Buffalo Cauliflower Bites are LEGIT.
Keto Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- 1 1/3 cup Almonds (~100g, or 1 cup almond flour – see instructions)
- 1 tsp Garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 large Egg
- 1 head Cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 1/2 cup Buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup Butter (use ghee or olive oil for dairy-free)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the almonds, garlic powder (if using), and sea salt in a food processor. Pulse until the consistency is finely ground. Do not over-process, or you’ll end up with nut butter. Alternatively, if using almond flour instead of almonds, skip this step and just place the same ingredients into the bag in the next step.
- Place the almond mixture into a bag that will be large enough to hold the cauliflower, or a large bowl with a lid. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg in a large bowl. Add the cauliflower and stir to coat. Make sure all florets are coated. To make it easier, you can use a bowl with a lid and shake it.
- Immediately add the cauliflower to the bag or bowl that has the almond mixture. Seal or fold over the bag (or cover the bowl), and shake to coat the cauliflower. (This is similar to the process of “shake and bake” chicken.)
- Arrange the cauliflower in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until browned and tender.
- Meanwhile, toward the end of the oven time, heat together the butter (or ghee) and cayenne pepper sauce. You can do this in the microwave or on the stove over medium-low heat. Whisk to combine.
- When the cauliflower is done, transfer it to a serving bowl. Evenly pour the buttery sauce mixture over it, and gently toss to coat. (Don’t be too rough, so that the breading stays on.) Serve with blue cheese (if not dairy-free) and garnish with green onions.
*Original Recipe from Wholesome Yum