I was just telling Brian that we absolutely have to make more crockpot recipes. They are just so freaking EASY! I love just putting some ingredients in and walking away. As a mom of a 5 month old…it’s essential. And Brian loves it because we end up with less dishes…he doesn’t really cook so I usually put him on dish duty 😉
This recipe is really really good! It will definitely be one that we make often!
Keto Crockpot Beef and Broccoli
- 2 lbs flank steak
- 2/3 cup liquid aminos (Braggs brand is 0 carb, but coconut aminos are more naturally derived)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 tbsp your sweetener of choice (I used Steviva Blend)
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1/2 tsp salt (adjust to your liking — you may need more later depending on what “soy sauce” product you end up using, regular, Braggs, coconut aminos, or tamari are all fine – simply count your own carbs).
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (garnish)
- Preheat slow cooker to low.
- Slice flank steak into 1-2″ chunks.
- In slow cooker, add steak, aminos, beef broth, sweetener, ginger, garlic cloves, red pepper flakes and salt.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Prepare broccoli and red bell pepper. Chop broccoli into florets, and slice red bell pepper into large 1″ pieces.
- After the steak has cooked, stir.
- Add in the broccoli and red bell pepper on top for at least another hour until your desired crispness, then toss together.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds for garnish and serve!
- Serve alone, or over riced cauliflower (tastes great with the sauce!)
- To thicken your sauce, you can make an arrowroot slurry. Mix 1 tbsp arrowroot flour with 2 tbsp cold water (like you would corn starch) and add to the beef mixture after it’s done cooking (not before). If you want it even thicker, do it again until you reach your desired consistency. Arrowroot flour is a common paleo-friendly thickener and it’s 1 carb per tablespoon.
Original Recipe by Wicked Stuffed, Photo and Opinions are My Own.